What are you doing during a 5-day program?
- Reception with coffee, tea, lemonade and cookies
- Introduction of fieldwork
- Exploration of the location and the fieldwork techniques, in Zeeland we offer a QR-bike ride
- Looking for bats with the bat detector
- A presentation about history of the area
- Cooking from nature
- An excursion to the farm, for example a biological and regular farm (Hei- en Boeicop)
- A dike zoning or trawl fishing (Zeeland)
- A presentation about the area
- Developing a research design (question, hypothesis, method and list with materials)
- Collect research data per group (aquatic animals, benthic animals, plants, soil and water samples).
- Elaborate observations and measurements
- Short presentation of today’s research results. The emphasis is on learning moments and where there is still room for improvement. Advice for further research.
- Hei- en Boeicop: An excursion to the GeoFort. It is also possible to take a canoe trip in the area.
- Zeeland: Spotting porpoises, climbing forest, Neeltje Jans
- Processing data and/or presentations. When everything is ready, the evening ends with a campfire.
- Clean-up and packing up
- Time left: playing a big game or do an excursion